The portal uses a number of e-mail templates for standardized communications with internal and external users. You can edit these templates to create custom welcome e-mails, prompts for surveys, and other key messages:
- Select the Cog Wheel next to your name to access the Site Administration. (Note: only Site Admins will see the cog wheel)
- Select the “EMAIL TEMPLATES” tab:
- Click on the dropdown arrow to expand out the email templates then click on the template you want to edit:
- Each e-mail template already contains “Variable Tags” that insert information such as a user’s name into the template when it is sent in an e-mail:
- When you click one of the variable tags listed above the template, a new variable tag will be inserted into the template wherever the cursor is positioned:
- After you have made any additions to the text or variable tags in the template, click the “SAVE TEMPLATE” button:
Any e-mails based on this template will now contain the amended text and tags.