The portal uses a number of e-mail templates for standardized communications with internal and external users. You can edit these templates to create custom welcome e-mails, prompts for surveys, and other key messages:
- Select the Cog Wheel next to your name to access the Site Administration. (Note: only Site Admins will see the cog wheel)
- Select the “EMAIL TEMPLATES” tab:
- Click on the dropdown arrow to expand out the email templates then click on the template you want to edit:
- Each e-mail template already contains “Variable Tags” that insert information such as a user’s name into the template when it is sent in an e-mail:
- When you click one of the variable tags listed above the template, a new variable tag will be inserted into the template wherever the cursor is positioned:
Note: You must use the variable button to add in the variable to the email template. You can not type this into the email template as it will not properly pull expected information.
- After you have made any additions to the text or variable tags in the template, click the “SAVE TEMPLATE” button:
Any e-mails based on this template will now contain the amended text and tags.