Detailed below are the steps to enabling and accessing the API in the Prevalent Platform. This is done on a user by user basis.
1. As a user who is logged in with Site Admin credentials, navigate to the View Users Tab in the platform. This is located on the left hand side of the screen at the bottom of the menu sidebar.
2. Search for the user you wish to enable API Access on and click the Edit button next to their name on the right side of the screen.
3. Click the checkbox next to the API Access and then click Save to enable API Access for the specific user.
4. Once the user has had the API Access checkbox enabled, the user will need to log in and go to their My Account under their name in the top right corner of the instance.
5. Click the API Access Tab to access the Generate Token and Documentation buttons
6. Clicking Documentation will take you to the Prevalent Platform API Documentation. Clicking Generate Token will generate you a new API Token. Below will also be listed the API Access Tokens for your account, when they were created, when the expire and the current status of them.
Note: Clicking Generate Token will revoke all previous API access tokens and generate a new one.